Sunday, December 14, 2008

Desirables...


A few things on my Christmas list...

1. A drop-dead gorgeous bag
2. Books

By books, I mean one that I've been hunting for a really long time...

Chocolat by Joanne Harris.

I see the Lollipop Shoes everywhere but its a sequel to Chocolat in a way...so I think it's finally time that I succumbed to temptation and bought the book. I remember seeing a whole shelf load of J. Harris books and never buying Chocolat or Five Quarters of the Orange...etc. Until I saw the Lollipop Shoes, that is. Then, I remembered wanting the Chocolat book and my putting it off for what will be a few years now.

I think the only place where I will find the book in the cover I long for will be at Strand. Hopefully, they will continue to give discounts on all their books else it's too far a trip. None of the bookstores keep this book now; for some strange reason in bookdom, they've all decided not to stock it anymore. Else, a new book usually brings forth almost all past offerings from the author to the world of literature. Not this time, I guess. Even JK Rowling's book release was quite low-key.

Hope I get the book soon.

No comments: