Sunday, January 11, 2009

Went to Strand...Yay!

Finally, spent a glorious hour and a half browsing through the massive book sale of the Strand Bookstall.

As is often the case, did not get anything from the list I'd taken there.

Bought the following:

1. Little Men (sequel to the Little Women) - Louisa May Alcott
2. The Joy Luck Club - Amy Tan
3. Two books of Calvin and Hobbes comic strip collections
4. Present Laughter - An Anthology of Modern Comic Fiction by Malcolm Bradbury
5. Essence of Style - How the French Invented High Fashion, Fine Food, Chic Cafes, Style, Sophistication, and Glamour by Joan DeJean

Bought a lot didnt I? I actually bought less books than I did a couple of years ago, my previous binge at the book sale. Post marriage I tend to keep all bills to a minimum, so this was it (and I in a last-minute attack of conscience took away two books - A William series book and Jo's Boys - back to their stations minutes before they were being totaled up).

I spent early morning today awake, harassed by a mosquito, snug in a blanket finishing my Calvin and Hobbes book. I love book sales!!

2 comments:

Mukta Raut said...

That sounds fab! In fact, the essence of style really does sound like something i'd want to read. you think i could get a copy somewhere?

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

You might get it at Strand but you can borrow mine if you like. I could courier it to you.